2011-08-26

# 047 - "Tokyo Special (22)"

Hi there!

Yesterday was great!
I was once more invited to be part of PLUNKLOCKs live at an indie-event with 5 bands this time. ^^
And I'm so thankful to those guys, 'cause they gave me some great memories and their performance is just awesome. It's fun to watch them, it's a great pleasure to listen to their music and btw. they don't look bad either.
All in all this band is really a rising star and I can understand their fans quite well. ^^ (and if you say, you can judge a band by their fans - PLUNKLOCK fans are really friendly, open minded and soooo strong loving them. Way to go, guys! You can be really happy about that.)

Are you ready for PLUNKLOCK?!


Actually I arrived quite late at the venue but it was easy to find. Doors open at 5 pm, first band at 5.30 pm. So I arrived around 5.15 pm and was suprised to find the PLUNKLOCK fans which I've already talked to. They also spotted me right away and started to talk to me. Really nice welcome. ^^
Well, PLUNKLOCK was the 3rd of 5 bands, but it was fun to watch the baby-bands before. They did some cute performance and they didn't even care about the small amount of the audience. Still - even they spotted me right away and tried to talk to me. Haha~ cute guys.

At about 7 pm PLUNLOCK hit the stage. And I didn't even notice, but the audience doubled once more and there were about 60+ people, all doing the fan-choreos of PLUNKLOCK. o.o I still wonder, where did they come from? ^^;

This time I was allowed to take some photos during their performance with my digital reflex camera and well, you know me. 3 songs - around 400 photos. So now... 5-6 songs ... around 600+ photos. But still I have to sort them out 'cause light was a bit worse than expected, but I've already found some great photos.

But to give you a bit more information about the band: official page.
PLUNKLOCK gave their first performance in Takanobaba Area in March 2011 - so they still are quite young. Their line-up is great, 'cause they are not only good looking and very charming, they are also really skilled on their instruments. Vocal is called Halo, a funny guy with a great voice that is able to be changed in various ways. He's also a strong frontman to the band and the audience loves him. Guitarist is named Kazuki and he is somehow the brain behind PLUNKLOCKs music. He did the composing to the songs, so... I'm really impressed 'cause he is more the silent and cute part of the band. Drums are hit by Pinky. Of course it's not his real name, but he is a great show man. His skills are strong and he is supporting the band from the background but after each live he is the first member in the venue to do some fanservice, promoting the new goods, etc. He is really a funny guy and he has a strong heart. And last but not least - the bassist is named Haruka. His skills are superb and he is really fast in playing the bass, always changing from a base-support to a stronger beat. Like Kazuki he is more the silent type, but still with his instrument he takes the lead from time to time.
Their first single is called "teardrop" and their second will be released next week. "Breakout" is a good single. I already heard the songs and guys, you can expect much of this band. So be sure to remember their name. ^^









After the live I was allowed to go backstage with them.
OMG. backstage is nothing new for me, but until now I've always been backstage BEFORE the concert. Haha~ yesterday everybody (remember 5 bands) changed/transformed back to normal. o.o
First of all: they use amazing make-up. Everybody.
Second: Visual Kei artists have really much stuff. o.o SO MUCH!
Third: most of them also do look good / or better without Make-up. ^^v
Haruka - Halo
But it was really nice to experience this.
Everybody was talking to me and it was fun to hear those backstage-stories I got to know.
And - there was one member who honestly looked like Yoshiki (X JAPAN) - he even plays the drums and piano. He was sitting close to me all the time. XD

After everybody transformed back to normal, the band insisted on bringing me back to the station.
Well... haha... by walking it was only 3 minutes. By car... around 10 minutes. But I didn't care. I had no plans anyway and it was fun to talk to them.

Thank you for those memories and plz make sure to come to Europe soon.
Otherwise I have to come back ;3
final jump on the stage! :3
Cheers~
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment