It's raining right now in Tokyo, thus I have some time to write about yesterday.
Btw. my cold finally got better and I'm all okay again!
Yesterday (2012-08-14) Lisa and me went to Kyoto.
I've already been there last year but I missed to visit the golden and silver pavillon. Thus, those two were on my "to-do-list".
Early in the morning we got up to chatch the train and then........ we stopped near Yokohama for about 1 hour. D: Stupid train. But you know: Japanese people do not complain. They are just waiting. Since our train stopped (or maybe one in front of us) ALL behind us stopped. All the trains got late. You know what that means? MANY MANY people waiting inside the stations. ^^;;
About 1 1/2 h late we arrived in Kyoto during lunchtime. We just made a brief stop in a 7-11 and searched for some snacks before we just went walking around. We visited Nishi Hongwanji and Higashi Hongwanji and some other smaller temples and shrines and then... LOL
Actually I was afraid we might not be able to go to the golden pavillon since it's on the other side of the city. Thus we took the taxi to get there. It was not as expensive as expected and it was fast. :3
The golden pavillon - also called Kinkakuji - is just beautiful. ^^;;
Afterwards we decided to go back by bus and since I don't go by bus thaaaaaaaaat often in Japan, I just turne round and asked two guys standing behind us. Matt and Mark went with us to the silver pavillon - also called Ginkakuji.
Actually it's not silver. ^^;; But it's also beautiful and really realxing to walk around in the gardens around.
Btw. we took the bus back to the station. Since it's a "sightseeing-stop-bus" it's stopping and driving close to the highlight of Kyoto. And there are so many. So many people just got on and off and we were able to have a look at some buildings from inside the bus: the Kyoto National Museum, the zoo, Gionmachi, Kiyozumi temple, Kyoto Gosho and much more.
And then... we got off at Kyoto station and I... lost my baby camera. OTL
Worst thing ever! D:
Actually well, the camera was not that expensive so it's not why I'd be sad BUT the photos... T_T all gone.
Matt and Mark are still in Tokyo and they said they will try to find it, maybe it's in a lost and found but you know... I don't think so. (._.);;
| Mark and Matt - and me who is just realizing that the camera is not where I've put it. D: |
Last stop after this bad happening: we decided to have a look on Kyoto from above so we just went on the Kyoto tower. I really do love high places!!! <3 <3
At 7.30 pm we took the train back to Tokyo and arrived at about 11 pm with all our staff and hurting legs in the apartment. Beside the fact that I lost my digi cam, it was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment