2013-08-01

# 118 - "My dear Internationals and I love Chiba-ken!"

日本、ただいま! 
I'm finally back in Japan!

On the morning of July 29th I left my hometown Linz and went by plane to Franfurt (Germany) where I had to change flights. Next stop was Narita Airport of course. The flight was long and I didn't sleep much but I had a really nice chatty lady next to me so I was already able to practise my Japanese a little. ^-^
Funny thing: while waiting at Frankfurt for my boarding, suddenly many many Japanese people jumped up und gathered around others. Seems like the Japanese (beach?) soccer team was also going to take my flight. They took so many photos. And in the plane, those who have not been booked to busines/premium sat right in front of me. LOL





After arriving in Narita on the morning of July 30th, I took the NEX to Shinjuku. Of course there are cheaper ways to get into the city but I don't like taking the bus due to several reasons and it's just... comfortable. So I changed again in Shinjuku to get to my apartment. After the check-in I had to wait for the utilities to be managed and then I went to meet up with friends. First I wanted to meet with Steffi but since she was not feeling well, we decided to meet another day - and so I met with Kate (US), Leela (AUS) and Courtney (AUS). They gave me a warm welcome and we went to have some food in an izakaya. Afterwards we went for karaoke before finally going home really really tired but so happy.
And one more thing: before I met with the girls at night, I was happy to spend a short chat with my dear Han-chan. Short but I was happy to meet her again.




On July 30th, I met up with Japanese guys at 8.30am in Chiba, which took me already one hour by train to go there. When they finally showed up, we went by car to the east side of Chiba-ken to go to the sea. Actually, I was so happy to go there again (like last year) so I brought along my suits and flipflops and all the stuff I didn't have last year, but in the end, we didn't go to the beach this time. XD
Don't get me wrong: we did got TO the sea but not to the BEACH. Anyway, I had fun talking Japanese again, meeting those dear guys again, meeting a new face and well, I feel so grateful for not forgetting me over this year, for them taking time in their busy busy schedule and many many more reasons. I love those guys. I truely do. There's a difference in just "keeping someone" or in "caring for someone".
We went to eat at the east side, close to the beach, then we drove further to a shopping outlet with maaaaaaaaany brands, then we stopped at a place "Umehotaru" which is actually right in the middle of the sea. It's the entrance for a tunnel which is connecting Chiba-ken and Yokohama and goes right through the sea, under all those tons of water.

Then we went to go back to Shibuya, did a little shopping and strolling around until a Belgian friend was able to meet up for dinner: ShabuShabu. In the end we talked a lot, ate a lot, drank a lot and changed places again for some more drinks where also a French one joined us.
All in all it was a super awesome day. Thanks guys, thanks girls.










I fell asleep filled up with many precious memories at about 3:30 am.

1 comment: